Originally written on 25th June and last updated 5th July 2020
Group rides restarted from Sunday 28th June
First of all the committee and I are delighted to finally announce the re-introduction of group rides after a period of over 3 months. To ensure that we comply with British Cycling guidance, a few bullet points are included below:
- Riders are to maintain a distance of 1m Plus (preferably 2m) from the rider in front – this is likely to mean a gap of about 1m from your wheel to the rear wheel of the person in front of you.
- Riders will be in Two’s (if you are comfortable) side by side
- Groups are to be no more than 6 Depending on numbers we will split into 3 or 4 groups.
- Pinch points – if there is a need to stop at a junction or any other obstruction, then riders will need to continue to maintain the 1m plus rule and potentially cross one at a time. Once clear of the junction on the other side, the lead rider is to cycle sufficiently far along the road and stop (if required) to enable the group to reform.
- Names of the riders in each group will be taken by the ride leader so that if an individual develops symptoms the rest of the group can be informed in case self isolation is required. This information will be put in each of the ride leaders reports.
- Personal hygiene – it goes without saying that everyone should not clear mucous whilst in the group unless into a tissue. Everyone should consider taking sanitary wipes on sanitiser fluid.
- Further detail will, be provided at the briefing at Shipston Leisure Centre at 0930 on Sunday and give you the opportunity to ask any questions. Most of what we need to do is common sense.
Looking forward to seeing as many of you on Sunday as possible.